Monday, August 17, 2009

a visit to grandma

its saturday, n i was sleeping, mom woke me up, to go bak hometown n pay a visit to my sicked grandma. she entered the hospital.

reached melaka, went into pantai hospital with masks on, n found grandma's room. but she wasnt there. so we waited outside the room.

waited n waited.. n sudd i saw my cousin sister walking in, n a nurse pushing a wheel chair, on that wheel chair, sat an old lady. she looked familiar, so i took a 2nd glance at her, more familiar, at the 3rd glance, i recognize she's my grandma. n i nearly couldnt recognize her!! her hair.. was alot shorter n straighter, which made her look thinner. n the thing was that, she was expressionless.. mouth slight opened, head slightly held high n abit towards the right side. here eyes wasnt looking, its like... shes not looking, but staring into empty spaces. the look she gave really scared me, i signalled my sis beside me, she was looking and my cousin sis, thn i stand she followed, i called out to grandma oni my sis knows that it was grandma.

n to my relief, grandma still recognize us, she called our names without hesitations. but she didnt smile. =( n so she was quiet, unlike usual, asking how are we or so. maybe she's too tired.
she's still on the wheel chair, waiting for the nurse to clean the bed. n i looked at her from behind.. she looked tired, pale, not happy. n my mind came across a thought.. wat if she's going soon??? the mask i was wearing was making me breathing hot air, and i think thts the prob tht made my eyes went tearing up easily. so then i quickly went outta the room, stayed at the lounge to clear up thoughts.


later, i went bak in. she laid on the bed, talking bout my another grandmother, which also had a stroke, then she was saying who'll go first. =( that's really depressing.

here i pray that, grandma gets better soon. n she must get better.

sincerely,
yuhui

5 comments:

aNing~ said...

i've came across with this kind of feeling recently. like sickness and death are just miles away. we might be dead at the next second. wow...


take good care of your grandma. best wishes from me.

Jess Lim said...

thx jo. >.< well we nid to live life now aint we?i cannot imagine the me who'll be in her thirties. my god.

* 梅bel * said...

I know how u feel..
anyway, continue to pray and take good care of your grandma..

aNing~ said...

haha, my 30s will be a very successful business lady, with stylish appearance. wowwww....hope i really accomplish it haha

YiAse said...

Take good care & communicate more with your grandma.